Saturday 9 January 2010

Is that the extent of your largess? You'd better have more for me, and soon...

I was going to do a pre-release of Unangband 0.6.4 tonight, but I've spent the last few hours writing monster response sentences like the one above in order to ensure bribing monsters doesn't get too repetitive.

Feel free to download from SVN and poke at the obvious mistakes I've missed until I do release... some time this weekend.

(I also need a volunteer to run a good Valgrind on dungeon generation. There's a buffer overrun somewhere which I can't pick up on Windows / Mac OSX. Thanks in advance.).

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Too many ellipses.

Anonymous said...

A new release? That would be fantastic. However, will the savefiles from 0.6.3a be compatible?

Andrew Doull said...

thorgot: ...

Mike: Should be. This'll just be a pre-release, which is generally an untested feature equivalent version to the final release.

Tynan Fitzpatrick said...

Alright, since this hasn't seem to be fixed in SVN, I'll tell you what I found using Valgrind. I got a bunch of invalid reads in build_type8910 in generate.c. Turns out that the integer v is set to -1 but then is used to access an array on the first iteration without any intervening assignments.

Andrew Doull said...

Tynan: Thanks heaps. Fixed in svn now. I don't think this would cause the error I'm seeing, but you never know.