Saturday 26 March 2011

Latex, interrupted

I'm not finding a huge amount of time to program at the moment, but plenty of time to write - it's easier when you're building information with sentences instead of data structures if you get frequently interrupted.


And, man, LaTex generates some pretty documentation. But it looks like I've incorrectly chosen to use ctable instead of threeparttable and longtable, and I'm about 30 pages in (28 pages of which are tables).

Guess I'm going to have to learn Perl to reparse the stuff I'm written.

Can't get away from needing to invest time in knowing the tools to know which tool I should be investing time in...

1 comment:

Thomas Henry Larsen said...

I use LyX as a front-end to LaTeX - it definitely simplifies the process of writing nicely-formatted documents.