Friday 29 April 2011

In Profundis

John Harris, who for readers of this blog should need no introduction, is raising funds via Kickstarter for a project In Profundis. From his development blog:
IN PROFUNDIS is a 2D cave exploration game in a very random world. Not only is the cave highly unpredictable, but it also has dynamic, flowing water, falling boulders, dangerous gases with random properties, and many other dangers besides. It is somewhat realistic; your character's abilities are modest, more like what a real person could accomplish, but you can use equipment brought from base to help you get around: pitons, hammers, ropes, air guns, and more.
His previous game Mayflight, also uses procedural content generation in some very smart ways.

I'm a huge fan of Kickstarter, because it does something incredibly useful: allows me to give you money based on how much I value your work. I've given John $25, and I encourage you to make a contribution as well.

No comments: