Saturday 1 March 2008

Hey, We Talked About Roguelikes

Craig Perko seems to have taken a slightly lighter-hearted approach to the criticism he encountered during the cross-blog discussion between Project Perko and Ascii Dreams.

He's explained how he's fallen out of love with roguelikes and is going on a homicidal rampage as a result, chomping on brain stems and leaving a trail of skulls sucked dry. I can only imagine he's somewhere between the Roguelike Graveyard and a common-Lisp 1 DRL by now. (Am I the only one who finds it ironic writing a roguelike about zombies in a language that refuses to die?)

As a result, I'm now sleeping on a chair next to the door, cradling a shotgun. Craig, can we just agree to disagree?

4 comments:

Craig Perko said...

I was very surprised that anyone who designs Roguelikes even showed up on my blog in the first place. I'm... pretty clearly on the opposite end of the design spectrum.

But you're welcome to stop by for a warm brain and a heated discussion whenever you like.

Andrew Doull said...

Given that myself and Nick (who's reponsible for FAngband) both clearly read your blog, you're probably underestimating your reach.

And the power of Google Reader...

Craig Perko said...

I have a feeling that Nick reads YOUR blog, which linked to mine a few hours before he started commenting...

Hi, Nick!

Nick said...

Bingo. In fact, Andrew's blog is the only blog I read ... although I guess now I have a second one ...