Tuesday 9 September 2008

Too Much Time

If you wonder why I've been quieter recently, it is not because I've been playing Spore. Instead I was at Tech Ed.

It turns out that I have way too much time on my hands: I've been playing Spore and Team Fortress 2 with reckless abandon, blogging on Ascii Dreams, programming Unangband albeit intermittently, working on the PCG Wiki to make sure there is a steady stream of updates coming through, working a job that has an 80 minute commute each way, clocking 40-60 hours per week, spending valuable time with my wife and her family, looking after the new house...

Then there is Google reader. From my 210 subscriptions, over the last 30 days I read 9,627 items, starred 8 items and shared 39 items.

Despite not spending much time on it recently, Unangband is still the 27th most active project on Berlios. The PCG Wiki is in the top 50 wikis on wikidot in terms of overall activity.

So what do I do?

I'm starting up a new blog on technology issues, called IT Futurology. As an IT manager, I think I have a bit to say on the subject. I've put up the first few posts: feel free to link across and have a read.

2 comments:

Slashie said...

Damn you! I wish I could use time just like that! :P

So many projects, so little time.

Diem said...

,"Then there is Google reader. From my 210 subscriptions, over the last 30 days I read 9,627 items, starred 8 items and shared 39 items."

Am I alone in wishing there was an alternative option ot "mark as read" - "mark as ignored"? How many of the 9,627 did you actually *read*, as opposed to looking at the title and just clearing it away?